Friday, April 27, 2007

Neglected Blog :(

Hello all you faithful fans who continue to check my blog despite any signs of life for over 3 weeks!!! Here's a little schedule of my life during that time, just so you can see why I haven't been blogging!

Typical Performance Day:
7:00 Wake up- if I've gotten to bed early I might hit snooze only once :)
8:30 Work begins- crazy days dealing with the drama queens in the office (seems a higher concentration than the average here at the opera!) as well as the lunatics who call us
5:30 Officially off-work, but still have to work at:
6:30 Box office at performance venue
9:00 I can now go home, hungry and cranky!

Typical Non- Performance Day:
7:00 Wake Up
8:30 Work- I get to skip out from my desk occasionally to teach a lesson down the hall
5:30 Off ALO duty, on to lessons
8:00 Finally finished teaching all my lessons for the day!
8:30 Time to try and come up with something for dinner- I've bought groceries on Saturday, but I always come home too late to really cook anything so all my meat and vegetables have gone bad! :( This usually means another night of boxed jambalaya, frozen pasta, or when very rushed, unfortunately it's fast food :/
I get about an hour to veg, and then it's bed time.

Busy days. And after all that work, I had to fight for my overtime pay! I was told, also, I only had to work full time until the performances were over, but now they're so backed up with work for next season, I still have to work full-time! I can't wait until I can have my life back!

I applied for the San Antonio Opera's vocal competition. Winner gets $3,000 + a contract to sing a role in their next season! I desperately want to practice a gazillion hours a day to get ready, so pray for me that ALO will start letting me work less! If I get accepted even to participate in that competition, it will be the 3rd weekend of May- I'll try and keep you all informed!

Meanwhile, Ross is trying to finish out his semester- a difficult task when he was wheeless (stupid Fiero was broken down for almost a month!) We keep looking at San Marcos, and just aren't sure if we should move now or wait until this fall. Ross seems pretty set in applying for Texas State, though, and it really feels right. So now just keep Ross in your prayers too!

No comments: