Jaco was a blast! Apparently, it is pretty well known for it´s surfing scene, and I could see why right away. The waves were ENORMOUS!! And the water was soooooo warm!! I was so used to the Pacific Ocean being nice and frigid, so it surprised me to find it actually warm and comfortable! I have a nice sunburn on my shoulders and back in some patches where I missed with the sunscreen to show for my 3 days in the sun, too!
The very next day after returning to San Jose´, I had to jump right back into a bus and head East- this time for Limon on the Caribean Coast! The ocean was gorgeous, and I was very sad we didn´t have time to take a dip. A beautiful coral reef is supposed to be close to Limon. But we were there for a concert, and then had to come right back to the city. The concert was really fun! There were very enthusiastic and appreciative people listening to us, which gave us loads of energy and excitement, too. That´s my favorite part of singing: when I´m singing for a crowd that is enjoying what I´m giving, it feeds me and is like electricity and it makes me give more. I love it!!!
One more day in San Jose, thank heavens, and then we head to Mazatlan! I wish I could be heading home. I´ve been really home sick and depressed (and I´m blaming the city for it more now that I´ve been able to get outside of it and actually enjoy Costa Rica), and will be happy to return to Texas. But Mazatlan should be fun. All those years living in Los Angeles, and I never once got to Mexico!
No comments:
Post a Comment