My car was most definitely totaled by our insurance company, and so now we're in the car market. Although, of course I would have preferred NOT to have been in an accident, Ross and I are a bit relieved we no longer have steep car payments to worry about, and so we're limiting our search to used cars we can buy outright with the money from our insurance. So far, we're thinking we'd like a little Honda or Toyota since they seem to run forever- no Kia's or Hundai's or Saturn's or anything that would die right after we got it home.
I'm healing pretty well. I still have a hard time moving around, have deep wounds that will take a long time to heal over, and am still taking pain meds at night. But I am back to work this week, and trying to get back to normal, slowly of course. Funny, Sunday night I had a terrible nightmare that everyone at work thought I was faking and lying about being hurt. I guess I was more anxious about their reactions than I thought I would be!
Ross and I do thank you for all your prayers and thoughts and calls and love! We wish we could give you all individual hugs and visit with you all and give back in some measure the help you've given us. We'd be much worse off without you all! Thank you and know we love you!
2 comments:
Hey Guys! glad to hear you're back to work JuliAnn. Good luck in your car search. From what we saw, we could find Honda civics for around $5,000, but not any toyotas unless they were really old. Also, for hondas to be that cheap, they either have salvaged titles (meaning they've been previously classified as totaled and then rebuilt), or they have tons and tons of miles on them. But they are out there, and you're smart to go for Hondas, which do last forever. Cathryn's 89 Honda Accord just hit 347,000 miles, and still runs with lots of love. Anyway, good luck guys! We love you!
Aww, we love our Saturn. It's been really dependable, amazingly fuel efficient, cheap and it's still going strong 7 years later.
Post a Comment