Tuesday, December 9, 2008

7 more teaching days!

Not that I'm counting or anything, but I only have to teach 7 more days until Christmas vacation! I am excited for it, obviously. I am even more excited that my principal agreed to a simple sing-along instead of a concert for the holiday program. That makes my next 7 teaching days a whole lot less stressful. But I haven't been that stressed lately. I really feel like I'm making progress as far as teaching goes. Even some of my worst students are shaping up and starting to meet expectations- just in time for a 2 week break where they'll forget everything and we'll have to start back up from scratch in January. I have a whole new appreciation for the beginning of a new semester. :) Ross has been taking care of our home for us while I've been starting this new job- he's been fabulously supportive. He gets me up in the mornings, makes my lunches, often makes our dinner, cleans up, does the laundry. I couldn't function without him, but I know he is looking forward to the break also.

Ross and I are happy to be able to spend Christmas with all of his siblings and parents in Lake Charles. We really can't wait to see them all. I wish we could see all of my family and our far-flung friends this holiday, though.

We bought Christmas cards again this year- I've bought them every year for the past 3 years, thinking, This year, I'll send them out early and get them done! But they end up going under the bed in February or getting lost somehow when we move. So don't be surprised if you get a card in January or February from us, or none at all. Hopefully this year will be a successful year for getting cards mailed. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I like the look of your blog!