Monday, February 16, 2009

February Update

I've been neglecting my blog, but will try and at least update it once a month. Here is the update for February:

Ross is responding pretty well to his new meds. His blood sugar went from the 600's to the 110's!! We're SUPER happy about his numbers now! He still has some discomfort and pain from the drugs, but not enough to keep him from taking it, which is also great. We have, of course, been trying to eat better and are also trying to go for regular walks when I get home, and this helps, too. He's feeling much better all around and that will make it easier to find employment. But this is now limited to positions within walking distance.

Our beloved 1986 Fiero is making us crazy! You have to try to start it, let it fail, wait 10 minutes, try again, and then it will start- maybe. It had an air intake tube break, which Ross replaced, and we hoped that would fix it for a while longer, but no luck- same old problems. We've decided to let it sit since we can't really afford to take it to a shop, and if we get desperate enough, we'll probably sell the poor devil soon. Send any enquiries our way!

I am getting better at surviving hell, I mean teaching. I would think I were a horrible teacher and hate it completely, if I weren't blessed to be working at two schools. My main school is where I feel so clueless and stressed and I come home hating kids, hating life, exhausted and stressed out. I leave the other school feeling like I obviously have much to learn, but still I already know how to teach, I like kids, I'm happy with my job, I'm good at it, I come home smiling. Night and Day. But I am learning how to let things go at the main school, how to plan early so I can come home and forget work, how to survive.

As part of that survival, Ross is helping me plan a garden for our patio- I miss growing things. I am playing the piano more often (since I am still struggling to feel well enough to sing), and I've been watching a little too much TV- but it helps me unwind.

I'm feeling a whole lot better health-wise, too. I saw the doctor last week again, and FINALLY can feel my sinus infection leaving! He has me on 3 different medicines and I feel like a walking pharmacy, but I can breath! I can speak and am no longer hoarse! I can sleep at night and not cough. It's wonderful.

And we get free tacos at our apartment office tonight. Life is good.

No comments: