It has been WAY too long since I updated this blog. Life has a funny way of taking over sometimes. But I have decided I need to be better at journaling, and figure this is as good a way as any.
So here's a quick snapshot of life today:
I had a fine day teaching my little darlings music at school, and then had opera rehearsal this evening for Suor Angelica. I got really sad halfway through because I realized that I keep saying I want to sing opera and I feel like I would be perfectly content if I could just dedicate my whole being to a role or a performance, and yet I am feeling so apathetic and blase about this production. I feel like such a hypocrite because I'm not giving it my best and can't get into it. I feel really pathetic. Luckily I have 2 more rehearsals before our show to get it right.
So I came home and had a pity-party by wasting the evening on Facebook! :)
Ross is still feeling sick from the gastric emptying test he had yesterday. I am anxious for the results- I just wish it were the kind of test that a doctor could look at and say, "AHA! Here is the solution. This is what is wrong with you. This is what will fix it." Wouldn't that be a lovely change! Unfortunately, this one was really just to see if his meds are doing any good, which is a good thing to know, but not as good as knowing what's wrong. I can't believe we're rapidly closing on a year of this. Poor Ross! I can't imagine a year without food. I hope answers come soon, or at the very least healing and the ability to eat!
Okay. There's my first journal entry. Now the trick is to keep it up and write another one soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment