Sunday, September 18, 2011

Our First Sunday at Church

We finally got the "all clear" from the pediatrician for taking Maisie out and about, so we were able to go to church as a family today for the first time. We dressed our best and made it a festive occasion. Maisie was definitely the belle of the ball. I have to say I felt gross myself- I had a hard time finding something to wear that fit! (I should not be so big for having had such a tiny baby, but c'est la vie, eh?)

Babies are definitely a distraction, but still it was wonderful to be in church together and get what we could out of it.

Smiling before church in the swing

Celebrating our first Sunday after church in the foyer
In her cute little yellow dress

Cute bow in the back

Changed into more comfy clothes

Checking daddy's pocket...


After-church nap!

2 comments:

Cathryn said...

Nonsense, Juliann--you look gorgeous. (You know what they say, 9 months on, 9 months off...) And little Maisie is just the most perfect angel!! I want to print off that first picture--she's absolutely stunning. What a beautiful little girl! Good luck with her. I'm not sure how timing works with birth date vs. due date, but I can tell you that all the books said that babies get fussier and fussier until about 6 weeks and then it gets easier from there--totally true for Luke. Hang in there. You will sleep again someday! :) Miss you guys like crazy!

Jane said...

Such adorable pictures - you look such like a mom! And all kinds of pretty. Congratulations!