Sunday, July 8, 2012

Moving Day


Moving day approaching fast! Eeps!

Hope we can do it ok.  For those who didn't know, I (Ross) had to go to the ER Fri or Sat (can't remember which now) around June 29.  I thought I was dying of a heart attack or something. Turns out it was my gallbladder.  After 5-6 hours in the ER with them gradually ramping up the pain meds and after having done some xrays and ultrasounds to determine that's what it was, they sent me home with instructions to manage my pain and adjust my diet. And consult a surgeon later about getting it removed.

Within hours I had to go back since it was just getting progressively worse, and good thing I did, the surgeon said I only had hours left before things would have gotten MUCH worse.  They took it out and I survived =) The recovery is going pretty bad though. Attempting to eat a few days after surgery went poorly, with all-night nausea attacks similar to my gastroparesis days, so I gave up on food for now, it's been like 8-9 days.  I'm feeling better really so I hope it was just a temporary setback.

The one thing that's troubling me is I have chronic shortness of breath now, always winded or feels like I can't catch my breath, reminds me of when I was a kid with asthma, hope that goes away too, seeing the doc again on Mon to find out.

The worst part of all this is just the timing really. I'm not supposed to lift more than 15 lbs for 6 weeks O.o  Poor Juliann is stuck with 100% of the moving and packing and also picking up Maisie since she's like 21 lbs too.  I feel so useless and it had to happen right when we move! At least it didn't happen while we were on the road, I guess things could have been worse =)

I hope we can get everything done and make this drive ok with baby, cats and moving truck and all! Juliann's brother Lief is coming out to help with the drive. THANK YOU!!! Can't say it enough, it will be such a big help.

No comments: