Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Reconnecting

Yesterday I talked to my friend Stacy for the first time in close to a year. It was great to hear from her, but sad at the same time because that really shows how lousy I am at keeping in touch. Then, tonight I watched a silly girl movie with my friend Callie (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants). I actually really liked the movie, and relived some memories through it. Once again, though, I felt sad because I have been blessed with so many wonderful friends and such a wonderful family and I shouldn't waste that. So, when Callie also showed me her blog and how she keeps her family in California updated on her baby and her family here in Austin through Blogger, I decided I had to try it. So, I will send this blog to everyone I want to keep in touch with and will try to keep it updated religiously.

With that said, the first item to share, of course, is the breaking news of snow in Austin, Texas. Ross and I weren't as excited as we would have been normally had we not just had more than we could appreciate in Colorado a week ago. Inch-thick ice covered everything here- cars, roads, electric cables. UT and the rest of Austin cancelled everything for 2 whole days, so Ross and I played Anarchy Online (yes, we're nerds) and watched movies and tried to keep warm. (If you wanna see some pics, as Ross and I don't own a digital camera yet, go to http://www.news8austin.com and look for the photo gallery link near the botton on the right of the page- tried posting it directly but they make it hard.)

Meanwhile, I unfortunately have a case of Spring Fever. I found a great book on gardening at the used bookstore right before the storm came and haven't been able to put it down while I'm stuck inside. I will be trying Square Foot Gardening out on our patio as soon as we're thawed out. Ross goes back to class tomorrow and we cross our fingers it will be the last semester for him at UT. Everyone, wish him luck! :)

Love.........Juliann

2 comments:

Richard and Sharon said...

Hello Juliann and Ross! Great to hear from you. The Stinson's in Utah are getting older. Not much new going on. Send our best to your familes. Thanks for keeping in touch! R&S

Jane said...

How awesome is this!! I am totally excited to know about the blog. It's going on my favorites right now! Glad to hear you are both doing great and getting done with school. Congrats on graduation!!