The Magic Flute is finally over, and I am slowly regaining my life! It was a wonderful experience, I learned a lot, and even got another gig out of it. I was asked to sing one of the Queen's arias at a VIP event for the Austin Lyric Opera, and got paid $50 to do it! I was TERRIFIED, but sang it really well anyway, and was just thankful Ross came so I could squeeze his hand before I had to sing. Now I just have to catch up on everything I let slide for the past 4 months!
Ross is doing pretty well in school this semester- just aced an exam in his computer science class! YAY!!! We are loving San Marcos- sometimes the traffic is bad and the 18 year olds drive terribly and we feel old, but it's a cute town, we're making friends, and school is better here for Ross than at UT.
Ross was also called as the Elder's Quorum president for our church here (for those who read this who aren't also LDS, that means he's kinda in charge of all the men in our congregation- he has to keep tabs of them and make sure they're doing all right;, they have an hour meeting every Sunday he has to preside over; and generally it's a lot of responsibility). Ross is terrified also, but I know he'll be great! Our branch is pretty small, mostly single college kids, a few couples. It's nice. It will be a lot of work for Ross, but we're lucky it isn't a huge family ward with hundreds of families with kids!
1 comment:
Congratulations on a sucessful trip. It sounds like such a cool experience!!
Good luck with all the fame and fortune now! ;-)
Post a Comment