Last Friday I found out I am one of 300 teachers in my school district being let go at the end of the school year. Budget crises being what they are, and support of the arts being what it is, the likelihood of me finding another teaching job is pretty much null. But the weird thing is I'm not too worried- I feel really peaceful about it so far. I get paid until the end of August, so if we don't have a plan by then, I might be a little more panicked this fall!
Earlier I had learned that if I took maternity leave, I wouldn't be paid at all during the time I took off- I had to have been paying disability insurance, and stupid me never signed up for it when I first got hired. At least this way I can stay home with my baby AND I might get a little bit of income from unemployment!
Ross and I are discussing all our choices now- and the more we talk, the more choices we come up with. It's really pretty amazing that in spite of losing one job, we have so many avenues to explore. I'm truly grateful for that- so happy that Ross is well enough for this, happy I'll get to stay home with baby for awhile, happy that the Lord still has us in His hands!
We'll keep our friends and family posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment