This is a hard thing to admit so publicly, but I have to say it: I have a hard time reading books. I really do like reading, I like the idea of reading, and Ross can tell you I spend hours adding books to my Amazon wish list. But once I buy them, they just sit on my shelf. I pick them up every now and then, read a paragraph or two, and that's as far as I get. If I'm lucky, it might extend to a full chapter, but it takes a very special book for me to actually finish the whole thing. I just get so bored, so distracted, and lose interest very quickly.
I am admitting this tonight because I am feeling guilty that I am not reading the pregnancy books I've bought. And now I have breastfeeding and baby care books that I'm supposed to start devouring, and I just can't. I have no idea what I'm getting into because I have almost no interest in reading about it. Isn't that terrible?
On the bright side, despite a nasty fall at the grocery store (slipping on a grape in the produce isle while wearing flip flops is not recommended) and despite my ignorance on pregnancy matters, all seems to be going well for baby. I go for week 17 checkup tomorrow. Only a few more weeks and we'll have a gender- maybe that will motivate me to read more!
No comments:
Post a Comment