Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's a....




!!!!! GIRL !!!!!

Ross and I are both very excited! We had both been wanting a girl, and felt like it would be a girl, and were thrilled to see the ultrasound confirmed that for us. In the sonogram, the little bean was all curled up with her stomach on her head. The technician kept bouncing the receiver on my belly to try and get her to unwind, but she just kicked me instead! It is wonderful to watch her, though- curled up and all!
Right now the name we're stuck on and feel the best about is Maisie Claris Matheson. My parents really prayed about all of our names, and taught me that names are a very spiritual matter- they're so important, and God already has names for us. So we're really praying about Maisie, but it feels so right so far, and we can't seem to come up with any others, so I think this is her name.

I'm also now looking at nursery goodies, and have fallen in love with Beatrix Potter fabric. I am going to choose my favorites, buy it up, and make an adorable nursery set out of it!


Other baby decisions made: I've decided I want to try cloth diapers instead of disposables- cheaper in the long run, better for the environment, and very high tech these days.


We've received AMAZING gifts from fellow teachers and parents of students at my school- a fabulous stroller, crib, changing table, play yard, walker, and toddler car seat. Despite the fact that I am still loosing my job in August and Ross is still unemployed, I am feeling very blessed!

1 comment:

Jane said...

How adorable is all of that! If I wasn't so happy for you I might vomit at the sweetness of it.
Sweet pictures, sweet name, sweet fabrics, sweet presents and friends, sweet nesting instincts from you...
Congratulations!