I was thrilled for the last day of school yesterday- until I had to start packing up my classroom and moving my things out of the school. That really hurt! I remembered how excited I was 2 years ago to move it all in. I'd been dealing fairly well with the lay-off until that moment when it finally struck me that I have to leave.
Then I got all of my things packed up and brought them home to find places for it all here. Now I am completely overwhelmed! It didn't seem like that much stuff sitting in an empty classroom. But all of it sitting in piles in an already full apartment is completely different altogether! I have no idea where to put it all.
What a mixed bag! I'm happy to get to stay at home with a baby girl this fall, sad to leave a wonderful school, stressed about how we're going to survive, wanting to get rid of school things but afraid to give it away in case something changes and I get to go back.
I just wish I could see the future!!
1 comment:
I remember how sad I was to leave my last office. I was thrilled to be done with working, but sad to leave. It was a weird feeling. You have the baby to look forward to though, that's super exiting! And it matters not where you live - or where we live - there is never enough space.
Post a Comment