Back in December, the director of the opera department at UT approached me about singing the Queen of the Night in a production of The Magic Flute in Costa Rica and Mexico this summer. I was really excited at the time, but then didn't hear anything else from him until a couple weeks ago. He didn't want to give the part to me after all since I was supposed to have graduated and he was trying to cast only students, and I learned he had been asking all over for someone else to do it, but when he found out I still have an incomplete hanging over my head, he agreed to let me take the part! I guess he already has another Queen from Mexico, but wanted 2 covers so we could alternate and not get too tired.So, now if I can raise $900 and some living money for the trip, I will be spending June in rehearsals here in Austin, July 14-August 12 in San Jose and Mazatlan, and then September doing 28 performances in and around Austin! The production will be crazy because I'll be off stage the whole time singing to a video camera, so the audience will only see video screens on stage, but it should be fun and a great experience!
3 comments:
Congratulations!!! That's fantastic! All the best and good luck fundraising. Such an awesome summer adventure to have!
what a wonderful opportunity! I really hope it works out that you are able to go...even though Ross would miss you terribly!
Hi Juliann! I love your voice and hope you can do this! Good luck! Also, I haven't gotten your RSVP for Paige's shower yet. I hope you can be here! I'm glad to have found your blog (via Callie's and Ashley's)! Keep singing! xo Kelly
Post a Comment