Monday, February 26, 2007

Early Spring, Early Birthday

Punxsutawny Phil's prediction of early spring came true here in Austin. The weather was gorgeous this past weekend, and it seemed the whole city was outdoors! Ross and I were no exception, and yesterday after a very uplifting regional conference for our church in which we were able to hear our prophet speak, we went for a hike along Bull Creek in St. Edwards park, a pretty place full of woods and waterfalls and trails.

This weekend, too, Ross's family was in town. We had tons of fun with Julie, Matt and Scott- we saw Ghost Rider, ate at Fuddruckers, and best of all, I got an early birthday present, a digital camera!!! I took some pictures of the Mathesons, but their publicist deleted them from my camera before I could post them! But thank you again for the wonderful time and wonderful gift!

And I got one more early birthday present today. Ross made me the best spice rack in the world! I got so tired of the bottles falling out of my tiny cupboard everytime I went to cook something (if you look closely in the pics you can see a few bottles in plastic bags whose lids broke in those falls). Ross is a little disappointed in how it turned out- he already wants to make another with improvements :) - but I am absolutely in love with it and think it's the greatest thing ever!

8 comments:

Dorcas said...

Just set your park pic as my wallpaper. Mom

Callie. said...

very cool! Hey, when is your birthday??

Jane said...

Are the Matheson's famous or something that they should have a publicist and we can't see them?

matheson clan said...

Hehe Jane! The Mathesons aren't famous yet, but still someone deleted those pictures- someone who didn't want them shared, perhaps? :) And Callie: March 4 is the date- thought I'd have a party at Amy's Ice Cream! Nummm!

Mandi said...

Juliann-

That is an awesome birthday present. Ross, is very handy. Chris always says he can make things but never does. Very Nice. You must be a great cook with all those spices you have. We miss you guys, sorry we never got to get together when we were there. Keep in touch! Mandi

Laura said...

I want a spice rack like that! I am way jealous!!

JMA said...

I think Ross spelled spices wrong. (kidding)

Jane said...

OMG! I just totally noticed it says 'EPICES' down the side of the sprice rack! That's awesome.