Titus, my 11 year old cat, got sick this morning- or last night maybe. He got a urinary blockage and was in obvious distress. Ross took him into the vet and they had to sedate him, give him a catheter, and will keep him under observation all night.
I have been frantic with worry all day! He is so precious to me! I got myself to work, when I should have called out sick. All day I cried in between classes, and when my last class before lunch was over, I went to my closet and bawled!
Then I discovered I'm spotting- Wow! I really cried, then! I sobbed and sobbed all afternoon. Luckily, some WONDERFUL team-mates convinced me to let someone cover my afternoon classes. There's no way I was fit to teach!
I'm taking tomorrow off, too. The vet wants me to take Titus to the kitty ER so he can still have care overnight, and then pick him up and take him back to the vet's office tomorrow morning. Apparently they have such things as kitty ER's, but no kitty ambulance! And then I called my doctor for me, and they said it's probably nothing, but I should take it easy and monitor myself to make sure it doesn't get worse. They said to rest, so I'm taking them at their word and resting from work tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment