Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why am I happy to be sick?

I was reading that if a pregnant woman suddenly stops having pregnancy symptoms, this could be a sign that she is miscarrying. So yesterday I had an incredibly easy day. I wasn't super tired, I wasn't feeling like I could eat a horse, my breasts weren't abnormally sore. The only thing was I got frustrated at a first grader, but that's pretty par for the course. So I started worrying all day- what if something is wrong? What if I'm not developing right? What if I miscarry?

And then I started feeling nauseous! Not a whole lot- just faintly. Enough to make me moan and feel gross. (I think my idea of bad nausea versus faint nausea might be messed up, though- it's hard to think anything I'm feeling might be bad when I watched Ross be so sick all year!) Anyway, I was THRILLED to feel sick! It was the weirdest thing- the sicker I felt, the more I smiled! And then as I went to bed, my breasts hurt worse than I have ever felt- it was marvelous!!

I got sick in the middle of the night, too- I had a dream that I was waiting for a bus in LA at one of the grimier stops. There was a lady and her mom- very white-trashy ladies. The younger one was holding a baby less than a year old, and the baby was chewing on a lit cigarette! It was so disgusting and so REAL, that I really almost barfed in my dream. I woke up feeling sick, so I think I almost barfed for real.

I felt again slightly nauseous this morning, it went away but came back before lunch, went away again, and is back while I wait for dinner. If I just keep eating, will I never get sick?

At any rate, I'm just glad I still have pregnancy signs!

No comments: