Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I missed rounds yet again this morning, but when I did arrive at the hospital, I had a pleasant shock- Maisie could be going home as early as

TOMORROW!!!

She lost weight last night and has been cold all day today. If we can get her gaining weight again, we're good to go! I get to "room in" tonight- stay in special parent rooms they have so I can try being a parent unaided, but with nurses close by if needed. And then if all goes well by tomorrow afternoon, we'll be walking out the hospital with a baby in tow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Dorcas said...

I know you know this already, but Grandma and Grandpa in Colorado are ECSTATIC! Yea, Maisie! Fervent prayers are heading to Austin in behalf of your miraculous precious little girl. Let's see, she's cold. Oh, darn. You HAVE to spend more kangaroo time! What an inconvenience! Good luck tonight, my sweet - both Maisie and Juliann.

Will said...

I can't wait to hear if she comes home tomorrow. Let us know. I'm so excited to see her in less than 2 weeks!

Jane said...

Awww, congratulations! Good job mom and dad and nurse people. And yay! Maisie. Have an excellent night.