Monday, August 1, 2011

Today's Victory

Maisie ate her full 36 ml from a bottle!!!!! Up til now, she's only been able to get about 5-10 ml at a feeding- enough to keep the nurses trying, but little enough to keep them skeptical. But today she accomplished a major feat. If she can keep it up, hopefully she can come home soon! Good girl!


Poor Maisie was so exhausted after her marathon eating, she basically passed out while she was being burped- so cute!
PS. I just love her little elf ears! She was born before the cartilage was formed, so her ears are really soft and pliable right now. I will be happy for her, but sad for the passing moment, when they start to fill in.

3 comments:

HubbyLover said...

It's hard to tell from a video but she looks like shes getting bigger. Way to go little one! Simon is watching too and he keeps reaching for the screen, talking. I wonder what he's trying to tell her. :)

matheson clan said...

Maisie IS growing!! She's grown an inch and is up 10 ounces from her birth weight. Growing in the NICU is slow, but VERY good! (Can't wait for Maisie to meet her cousins!)

Jane said...

I know *I* always needs a nap after a huge meal!