Today Maisie is up to 26ccs per feeding! This is great news that she's able to tolerate more and more food each day. I spent almost the whole day watching her today, and was really excited to see her get fidgety and active around her feeding times- fussy but without crying. Good babies get hungry when it's time to eat so we're excited to see Maisie growing into hunger!! Also, we're trying out nuzzling some when Kangarooing, and I was so excited that she actually tried to suck a little bit. (The docs said one huge hurdle for preemies is learning how to eat- I think Maisie's gonna be just fine!!)
She had to spend the day again under the bilirubin lights, but her counts were down this morning and we're hoping they continue to drop so she can put the jaundice bout behind her. It will be SOOO nice to be able to hold her for longer periods of time and more frequently. The silly lights just make Mommy impatient!
We continue to feel all the prayers and faith sent our way- thanks everybody! Please keep it up!
2 comments:
I think bilirubin is such a funny word to say.
Excellent progress Maisie! I've heard that sucking takes a lot out of a baby so don't push it kid - baby steps. :-)
If you say it ten times fast, it makes an excellent tongue twister!
Post a Comment