Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 10

Maisie weighs in at 1570 grams today, eating steadily, and doing well! The docs sped through her chart during rounds today because there was nothing really to report- an excellent place to be in a NICU ward! Her nurse tells me that I can start to bring in blankets from home and a couple of onesies because we're going to try letting her maintain her own body temp in the next few days. We also tried 2 more sessions of nippling today with stellar results! She's still a little too tiny to be able to feed totally from Mom, but she is getting closer daily. She caught on so quickly, though, that it makes me even more anxious for her to come home soon! We both get so pooped out from the efforts of the day, though, that Ross and I retired early once again so our little girl could get a restful evening- we want her fattened up and sleep will help!!

Our Family

Like Father, Like Daughter

2 comments:

Jane said...

HA! That last picture is hilarious.
Why is the weight in grams? I am sure all you smart peoples know what that means but I can't pretend to know if Maisie weighs as much as a roll of toilet paper or as much as my camera or as much as my cat.
It's all going up though and that's good! Yay Maisie!

matheson clan said...

They say grams are more accurate when babies are this tiny. I don't know the conversion to ounces, either- so I just try to remember she was born at 1470. Then if it's more than that I can be happy knowing she's getting bigger!