I can't believe it's already been one whole week that Maisie has been blessing our lives! And for only one week on earth as a premature baby, Maisie is doing remarkably well. Today her feedings were bumped up to 22 ccs each and her IV was removed!!!!! YAY!!!! (The nurses kept having to move her IV around and it was so painful and uncomfortable for our little girl- being IV free is so good on many levels!)
She is jaundiced again and had to go back under the bilirubin lights. This was hardest on Mama, who doesn't get to hold Maisie as often or for as long as she would like now- I only get to hold her for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. SO NOT FAIR!!! I try to remind myself it's for Maisie's best and will keep her healthy and help her come home faster, but it's a difficult sell psychologically for a new mom that is craving constant contact with baby!
We have been trying to leave our camera in her room to take more pics and videos and will post as much as we can!
 |
| Mama's Kangaroo Care Time |
 |
| Tanning Under the Blue Lights |
 |
| Maisie gets comfy |
4 comments:
Her legs look really long! Maybe it's just the camera angle. What a sweet, sweet baby! Thanks so much for posting pictures. Now I can picture who we're praying for. :)
Just too cute!
Love the "I'm ready for my close-up" poses!
Being sans IV is a very good place to be so yay for that. All the best for going home.
That pose is SOOOOO very familiar!! She is cute!!! I am so excited to come and hod her and see her for my own eyes!! Auntie Laura is on her way!!!
Post a Comment